Saturday, June 02, 2012

Queen's Jubilee Weekend

This weekend is a holiday weekend here in Australia- they are celebrating the Queen Mum's Jubilee. I think most of them will be BBQing and getting out of town, but for me, the plans are yet unknown.

Moved into the new apartment this weekend, and it is really a great place. The views of downtown Perth are amazing and I think I saw a dolphin this morning in the Swan River. There are gigantic Peliquin's that sit on the side of the water, and there was a water snake this morning that popped his head out of the water and swam for a bit. Yuck. Thank goodness it's winter here, so they don't seem to be out too much...




An old Audrey Hepburn movie tonight is on the ticket and I think some Chicken Pesto for dinner. Journaling has become something i'm trying to pick up again, as I've let it go for so long (for a few reasons). I think documenting things is something of importance, even if it's only for you. Remembering the blessings and the hardships as they come has to provide some level of comfort that you are still alive and have lots to learn. Having this chance to be in Perth is amazing, and I hope to remember it all.

No comments: